The Warehouse Operations Manager is a new role to support a new operation within Palletforce. This operation will have set processes for both unbound and outbound freight which need to be followed to the letter, backed up with regular daily stock checking and reporting to our major customer.
Planning and maintaining a team of supervisors and warehouse personnel operating mechanical equipment is essential to this role.
There will be a high level of detailed reporting both internally and externally. Communication will be a main driver to the success of this operation, supporting the Warehouse Manager and covering when that role is absent.
Responsible for a vital part a major contract, this role will be managing people, processes and systems, to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and delivery targets are met over a 24/6 operation.
The Warehouse Operations Manager is also responsible for our workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
To ensure Compliance with all HSE and Company standards by:
- Managing communication between the site and warehouse staff. Direct liaison with customers and suppliers when authorised
- To ensure all Mechanical Handling Equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and Pre-Use checks are completed prior to use and paperwork is completed and filed in a professional and timely manner
- To ensure all defects with regard to equipment are reported in accordance with Company Procedures and VOR equipment is suitably locked/signed to prevent use
- To identify training needs within the warehouse team
- Supporting Site Management in maintaining Health & Safety compliance
Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards by:
- To manage/supervise the unloading, storage and loading of pallets ensuring that operational procedures are followed
- The reporting, handling and storage of returned, quarantined and damaged pallets
- To carry out daily checks in and around the warehouse and report issues accordingly
- To manage/supervise warehouse staff attendance and breaks, ensuring issues are reported to Line Management
- Ensuring all Disciplinary and Grievance matters are reported in accordance with Company Processes
To promote Health & Safety awareness within the warehouse by:
- To ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors within the warehouse area
- To report any breaches of Health & Safety to Site Management immediately
- To report any accident, incident or near-miss immediately through RIVO, and carry out/assist in any investigations which may be required
- To ensure site hygiene standards are maintained
- Ensuring new staff are inducted in accordance with Company processes and do not operate equipment until trained and authorised
- Championing Health, Safety & Quality standards on site
- Educated to GCSE Level including Maths and English
- 2 years minimum of supervising a warehousing operation
Closing date: 11th January 2019.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
No agencies please. Our recruitment and internal human resources strategy is implemented by our HR partner, Strategi Solutions.